- About The Inn
- Services & Amenities
- Meetings & Events
- Reservations & Rates
- Special Packages
- Photo gallery
What Makes Us Green
It’s only natural that the Nature Inn at Bald Eagle is a model of energy efficiency, environmental stewardship and social responsibility. And it’s only logical that the entire facility is designed to be ecologically sound. The Inn was awarded the Gold LEED rating from the U.S. Green Building Council and serves as a showcase the latest and greatest green technologies – up close and personal – including:
• Reduced stormwater runoff
• Habitat restoration
• Native, water-efficient landscaping
• Reduction in roof and non-roof heat island effect
• Water use reduction of more than 30% with low-flow fixtures and dual-flush toilets
• 2,800-gallon rainwater harvesting system
• At least a 14% decrease in energy costs over a code minimum building
• Guest room energy monitoring viewable in each room
• On-site renewable energy; solar-thermal hot water system
• At least 75% of construction waste diverted from landfills
• Regional and recycled content materials
• Over 80% FSC-certified wood framing, finishes and furniture
• Low VOC paints, stains, adhesives and carpeting
• Direct connection with the outdoors through daylighting, views and access
• Direct access to hiking and biking trails to enable and encourage healthy interaction with park resources
And The Green Goes On.
We didn’t stop after building a green structure. Our aim is to protect our resources in all that we do, so our everyday practices call for us to think about ways we can reduce and reuse.
We use Green Seal Certified cleaning products, and we don’t use CFC-containing aerosol products, phosphorous, ammonia or chlorine bleach cleaning products. We buy bulk packages in ultra-high concentration for on-site dilution. We have a high efficiency cleaning program using micro-fiber technology and Carpet & Rug Institute Gold Level floor care equipment with HEPA filtration. We have a comprehensive recycling program and tracking. Our paper products have a minimum 20% post- consumer recycled content. We use locally sourced dairy and farm products when feasible, and we proudly serve only Rainforest Alliance certified coffees.
And guests may opt-in to our linen reuse program by following a simple notification procedure during their stay.